Thursday, December 6, 2012

Randy Rogers Band

I am so excited to write this blog on one of my favorite bands, the Randy Rogers Band! I just hope I can do them justice because they are simply amazing.

First of all, Randy Rogers was raised in Cleburne, Texas. Music always being a big part of his life, his great grandma taught him how to play piano by the age of six and by eleven he was already writing his own songs and learning guitar.

After he was in a backing band for a while, Randy decided he would rather front his own group and so he formed a band with some of his friends from college. These really good friends would include Geoffrey Hill on guitar, Jon Richardson on bass, Brady Black on the fiddle, and Les Lawless playing the drums.


The band works hard touring and it definitely shows. They put on excellent shows night after night, building up their fan base everytime they perform. In 2007 alone, they grossed $2.5 million touring for the year even though they were still just becoming established. They were also ranked one of the Top Ten Must See Artists in the summer of that year by Rolling Stone magazine...oh yeah did I mention U2 and the Stones were on that list as well? If that doesn't explain how awesome these guys are, then just listen to any one of their songs. I dare you.


They, like most artists, take their real life experiences of heartache, pain, good times, or bad and turn them into an art. They are so authentic, talented, and fun I am positve that no one can recreate their sound. For example, in one of their latest songs, "Fuzzy," the band uses cooking utensils and wrenches to add a different texture to the sound.

Their creativity and original sound is what makes them great along with how they excel on stage. I got the chance to see them play at the Missouri State Fair this August and had the time of my life. I even ran into some of the guys from the band on the Midway afterwards which obviously made my night, and they were extremely friendly and down to earth guys who didn't mind talking to me at all. And while they are all very skilled I have to admit I am fascinated by Brady Black's talent on the fiddle. He is electric on stage and he definitely knows his stuff, I think he is seriously one to watch.


I highly recommend anyone go see them at least once, even if you aren't a fan of country music I think you would still enjoy listening to them and at least could appreciate their talent. For a complete list of tour dates you can visit http://www.randyrogersband.com/tour/.

No comments:

Post a Comment